Day to day running
The role of the language club host organisation
Host organisations should:
- ensure that language club has a safe and suitable place to meet, at a designated time, mutually agreed with the Language Club Coach.
- make sure the Clubs know about all relevant health and safety procedures (including what to do in the event of a fire) and have access to the organisation’s Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding policies.
- provide a named contact and telephone number (it is good practice to check with them before each language club session to make sure it can go ahead).
- supply flipcharts and other agreed resources for the club.
- they may also provide refreshments – some may make a small charge
WELCOME recommends having a written agreement with the host organisation outlining the expectations of both sides. Click on the following link to download an example of Welcome Agreement.
Setting up a session
Keep a simple record of attendance, for example: