- WELCOME Language Clubs work with communities and learners to understand learners’ needs so that they can provide informal basic language learning in the community.
- We do our best to help learners develop the skills and confidence to progress to further language learning and enable them to play a productive role in their adopted community.
- We welcome all learners regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and religion.
- We value and respect learners’ languages of origin and their unique diversity of voices and cultures and we ask all our learners to do the same.
- We aim to provide a high standard of learning and know where to refer learners who need other support when necessary.
- We aim to make learning in a language club a joyful and positive experience for learners, paid staff and volunteers.